General Printing Information
Steps for printing from Library computers:
- When printing from any of the library's public workstations, a box will pop up asking your to give a name to your print job.
- Library printers default to double-sided printing. If you would like to print single sided, you may do this in the properties menu or ask for assistance at the reference desk.
- After naming your job and clicking ok, the job will be sent to the printer queue and a pop up window will display the number of pages and the job's cost.
- Next, walk over to one of the library's two print release stations. These are located next to the circulation desk.
- Swipe your print card or cougar cash card in the slot and this will bring up a list of the jobs in the print queue.
- Choose your job from the list, verify the cost, and click print to release your job. Your document will appear on the printer next to the release station.
Printing and making photocopies in the WSU Vancouver library require the use of our pay-for-print system. We charge five cents a side for printing and photocopying in order to recover materials cost and equipment maintenance.
Please feel free to ask at the reference desk, or call 360-546-9686, email email@example.com, or use the chat widgit on the library's home page to contact us with any questions or concerns.
For Help Contact the Reference Desk
Thank you to ASWSUV Student Government
The Library and Computer Labs are very grateful to the Associated Students of WSU Vancouver (ASWSUV) for their generous support. ASWSUV donations cover a significant fraction of the cost of printing, allowing us to keep the costs we pass on to students very low. The pay-for-print system in the library and the computer labs is able to charge much less than the cost to maintain the printers and pay for paper and toner thanks to this generous subsidy.